Friday, March 5, 2010

A Sweltering Day in March

I woke up this morning with an itchy throat and an irritating cold sore on the left side of my tongue. Ugh. I drank a liter of water and I was still thirsty.  Nacho's allergic rhinitis was giving him the sniffles too. 

The sun was so sharp this morning and it just kept on getting hotter and hotter.  The sun seemed to be coming down closer and closer and would burn us soon.  The heat was piercing and dizzying.  The light that entered our window in between the drapes was a a blinding yellow. 

Elise had a toothache too. She had some meat stuck in between her molars and not all of them came off. It was bothering her gums and she could not stop making those clicking sounds. 

By 5:00 P.M. it was still extremely sunny, even if the sun was slowly sinking into the horizon.  The heat was bearable.  We ran to the beach and walked over the little pools of water in between the vast shoreline.  The kids made small mud pies on the sand, and when I looked again, they were lying down on the pools, with their eyes closed, going,"Aaaahhhhh."  They carefully tried not to move so they will not disturb the fine sand beneath them, or else they would get some in their ears.  I poured some water on my face again and again and pressed my forehead with my palm.  Goodbye, headache.

We stayed till after sunset. If not for the cool breeze that was getting colder by the minute, we would have stayed longer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment