Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Playing Pretend Elections

As I was adding up our expenses for the month quietly, I noticed that Elise was busy cutting up pictures from the newspaper. I assumed she'd cut up pictures of butterflies or some girl stuff, as usual.

After a few minutes, I saw this posted on the wall:




Her leading presidential candidates are: Manny Villar, Gibo Teodoro, Noynoy Aquino and Dick Gordon.  They are all sporting red mustaches, by the way.


When asked about her opinion of these gentlemen, she replied,

"Villar is all smiles.  It's all commercials and pictures." 

"Noynoy always says he will help, but has he already helped?"

"I don't think Dick Gordon will win. He might have few votes."

"Erap might not win cos he did lots of bad things."

"Gibo looks the most normal.  He talks normal and he has a plan."

On Monday, May 10, 2010, the Philippine presidential elections shall take place.   Most Filipinos are undecided about who to vote for. I am not sure if I can vote.  I planned to be in Manila, where I am a registered voter, in May, but it does not look like it will happen.  I will try to get registered here in Puerto Princesa. 

It is such a gloomy, gloomy thought... these upcoming elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment