Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Palawan

I LOVE Palawan.

Been a long time since I wrote on this blog, and during that time, I was regaining my composure and spinning slowly to find the North in my inner compass.  I got homesick for Manila and did not feel like I wanted to stay here anymore.  Okay, I didn't miss Manila, but I missed family whom we left behind.  It's true, it takes about six months before you truly feel homesick. And it happened to me, on the sixth month!   Should have been used to the sixth-month homesick bug by now, since it has has happened every single time I live away from home.

Now I can say that with conviction.  I really DO have genuine love for this island - beyond being awe-stricken with its beauty - the lush Puerto Princesa City sidewalks,


safe, slow-moving traffic



long shady roads for joy rides


small rivers and creeks


domesticated animals just taking their time


... the spectacular skies and beaches!






More than all that, I love this place because of what it has done for me.  It has stripped off so much baggage, turned me inside-out, and filled me up again!

And when I stand back now and look at myself, I recognize someone whom I met some 12 or 13 years ago,  spontaneous and full of courage and hope.  And so now, I start my life again, inside and out.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is so cool. Many of us searches and never find it.

    ReplyDelete