Our guava tree produces wonderfully sweet pink guavas. But the fruit bats always beat us to the ones that have just ripened. Earlier this month, we decided to pick the fruit a little earlier and let them ripen indoors.
A few days later, they were all tender at the same time, and I decided to juice them so they would not go to waste. It is much easier drinking guava juice without all the seeds rather than eating the fruit. After thoroughly washing them, I cut them into quarters.
They all went into the juicer, and the pulp poured into a mug.
Some water and a few tablespoons of sugar were added and the whole thing simmered for a few minutes.
Thank God for the world wide web, I looked up how to jar them up properly so they won't spoil too soon.
When we decided to drink the juice a few days later, it was gone so fast! Need to harvest more of these soon!
Known health benefits of guava:
- High in Vitamin C, which boosts the immune system and helps fight infection in the body, especially the common cough and colds
- High in Vitamin E, which lowers bad cholesterol and boosts good cholesterol, and eliminates cancer cells
- High in Vitamin A and B, making the skin smooth and supple
- Normalizes the digestive system, prevents constipation
- Lowers blood sugar levels
- Helps reduce weight
- Helps cure dengue